Homemade Chex Mix
So, recently we have been going through our grandma’s old cookbooks looking for inspiration on things that we can bake or things that we can revamp and make new again.
We came across this recipe while we were looking and thought: let’s give it a try. So, we started by making the recipe as is, for the most part. The only thing that we did differently is that we used butter instead of margarine. We don’t really care for margarine in the things that we bake or make in the kitchen, so we don’t buy it or keep it on hand. For this recipe, we do recommend using butter because it will have more flavor than margarine will.
After first making the recipe we decided that it was a bit bland. So, we spent the next couple of days playing with the recipe and experimenting with the ingredients. So, yes we spent days eating Chex Mix like it was going out of style, and we realized that this recipe is the BEST snack that we can come up with right now. We did’t complain about eating it all the time! So, be careful when you make this, you might just sit down and eat the whole thing at once!
6 Tbsp Butter, salted, melted
3 Tbsp Worcestershire
2 cups Corn Chex
2 cups Rice Chex
2 cups Wheat Chex
1 1/2 cups mixed nuts, lightly salted
1 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp salt
- Stir together the melted butter, salt, garlic powder, and worcestershire.
- Combine the Chex cereal and the mixed nuts
- Pour the butter mixture over the Chex and mix until well coated.
- Place in one layer onto a baking sheet and bake for 45 min. at 250F, stirring every 15 min.
- Spread out on an absorbent paper towel (or just a towel, per what we used) and allow to cool.
- Enjoy!! 🙂
If you give this recipe a try, let us know what you think about it on instagram (@unchartedbakers) or in the comments below!
And don’t forget to Bake it Awesome! 😉