Hey everybody! We hope you had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start! We just got back from visiting the Outer Banks, so look for a blog post or two on that coming up soon! But for now, let’s talk about Fruit Pizza!
Guess what?! Today is the first day of spring! We’re so excited about it, too! We can’t wait for warm & sunny days, spring desserts, and fresh fruit. Oh and the sound of lawn mowers and the smell of fresh cut grass. And don’t forget about being able to open the windows and get some fresh air. If you can’t tell, we are soooooo ready for warm weather!
You thought pizza couldn’t get any better, but it just has! We like to pretend that this is healthy because it has fruit on it, and that we’re well on our way to getting our bikini bodies for summer, haha!
But really, this is the perfect spring or summer dessert. The fruit adds a little lightness to the dessert and makes it taste so good, you’ll find yourself wanting to finish off the whole pizza. We used strawberries, kiwis, blackberries, and clementines. You can use whatever fruit is on sale that you think would be good. Fruit, cream cheese frosting, and sugar cookie, it’s perfect! 🙂
Not only is it delicious, but it’s really easy to make too! The recipe uses pre-made sugar cookie dough, so all you really have to make is the cream cheese frosting (which you can also buy if you’re really in a hurry!). It’s perfect to throw together for a last minute cook out or get together this spring!
Side note about kiwis- do you eat them with or without the skin on the outside? We’ve always eaten them without, but apparently people eat kiwis like apples, skin and all: thoughts? What do you think??
2 tubes of ready made sugar cookie dough
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
6 Tbsp butter, room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
2-4 Tbsp milk
1 lb of strawberries
6 oz blackberries
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of a 9X13 pan. Bake on 350F for about 30-35 min, or until done. Let cool completely.
- While the dough is cooling, make your cream cheese frosting. Cream together the cream cheese and the butter until they are incorporated together. Add the powdered sugar in one cup at a time until it’s mixed in. Then, add the milk, just until the frosting is spreadable, it will take about 2-4 tbsp.
- Cut your fruit. Cut the strawberries and kiwis in slices. Peel the clementine, and separate it into little wedges. Leave the blackberries whole.
- Turn the cookie dough out onto a cutting board (or just something to decorate on). Spread the frosting evenly onto the cookie.*
- Arrange your fruit on top of the frosting. Cut and enjoy!
*We used the whole recipe, but you don’t have to if you think it’s too much.
Thank you for reading! Questions? Comments? What should we bake next? Let us know in the comments below, on Instagram, or via email (email@example.com). We hope you have a great week, safe travels, and may you always have a cookie in your cookie jar!