It has been so cold here, and what’s better when it’s cold than a warm cookie? Nothing!! So, buckle up! We’ve got the perfect winter cookie for you. It’s a play on the beloved chocolate covered cherry.
This recipe can really be used for any kind of combination. You can make oatmeal raisin, oatmeal chocolate chip, or just use any add-ins that you want. However, these Chocolate Cherry Oat Cookies are our favorite combination that we have made so far! And we hope that you enjoy them as much as we do!
For this recipe, we recommend that you use the old-fashioned oats and not quick oats. You can also have 1-2 cups of a mix of chocolate chips and dried cherries. This just depends on how much stuff you want in your cookies, you get to choose! We do recommend doing half chocolate chips and half dried cherries for whatever amount that you choose.
Chocolate Cherry Oat Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups uncooked, old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1-2 cups of chocolate chips & dried cherries
- Cream butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix together in a separate bowl: oats, flour, salt, baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and dried cherries. Drop by rounded teaspoons (we use a cookie scoop) onto parchment lined (we use silicone baking mats) baking sheets.
- Baker on 350F for 12-15 minutes.