Happy Monday ya’ll! Hope you are having a great day!
One of the best memories of fall that we have is apple picking. Growing up, we’d all go as a family, stuffing our bags (and ourselves) as full as we could. This year we went apple picking and picked way too many apples… what are we going to do with all these apples??? Well, we’ll start by making lots and lots of this apple crisp. But, seriously, we have so MANY apples, if you have suggestions, please let us know! I fear, we will be eating them until we burst (but thats okay, because we love apples so much!) But, honestly, apple picking is the best way to get organic and local apples. We love all U-picks we can get, too (strawberries especially!)
This crisp is so good! It combines the best snack out there, apples and peanut butter. We honestly didn’t think that apple crisp could get any better, but we have found the way: add peanut butter to it!
Of course, you can always omit the peanut butter and it will just be a plain crisp, too! We made sure to put lots and lots of topping in this recipe, because this is obviously the best part. If you could give us a bowl full of the crisp topping, we would think you were the greatest person on earth! Not only is this crisp absolutely delicious, it’s amazingly simple! All you have to do is peel and chop apples and mix together a few simple ingredients. It has loads of delicious crisp topping and lots of amazing peanut butter to make this the best crisp you’ll ever have! We promise, just give it a try, you won’t be disappointed. 🙂
Peanut Butter Apple Crisp
for the apple crisp:
4 large apples, peeled and cored
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup oats
6 tbsp butter, melted
for the peanut butter topping:
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp corn syrup (or honey)
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp milk (almond, soy, or cow’s)
For the crisp:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Slice the apples and mix them with the 1 tbsp sugar and the cinnamon. Place them in the bottom of an 8×8 in pan.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, oats, and butter. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for 30 min, or until the apples are soft.
For the peanut butter topping.:
- When the crisp comes out of the oven, put the peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl (large enough to mix in) and heat up the peanut butter until it’s warm and melty, about 30-45 seconds.
- Stir in the corn syrup (or honey). Mix in the powdered sugar. Then stir in the milk, add enough so the topping is pourable.
- Pour or spread over the apple crisp.
Have questions, or comments? Let us know in the comments below, via email (email@example.com), on instagram or Facebook (@unchartedbakers).
Have an awesome week, safe travels, and may you always have a cookie in your cookie jar! 🙂