Hey everyone! We hope you had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start! We’re here to make it even better with this chocolate bundt cake! If you don’t like chocolate, well, this post might not be for you because it’s chocolate and chocolate with more chocolate.
Did we mention that we love chocolate? Our best friend doesn’t like chocolate and, well, we just don’t understand! haha 😉 Brownies? Yes, please! Chocolate chip cookie? Yes! Chocolate Cake with chocolate frosting? Who could say no?!
Since we love chocolate cake so much, we thought why not make a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and white chocolate! That is how this delicious, chocolatey cake was born! Why the bundt shape you ask? We thought that it was easier than making a layer cake and the ganache is much easier to pour over this shape.
This cake is literally so easy to make. All you need is 1 bowl! Not only is it easy to make but it’s also easy to clean up! Since it’s so easy to make and clean up, we think it would be the perfect dessert for your Valentine’s Day dinner!
Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate milk (or regular if you don’t have any)
For the ganache:
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz milk
- white chocolate, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, melt together the unsweetened chocolate and the butter.
- Once the butter and chocolate are melted, let it cool while you mix together the dry ingredients. Then, set the dry ingredients to the side and turn your attention back to the chocolate/ butter mixture.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs to the chocolate and mix until the egg is fully incorporated.
- Then, add the dry ingredients and the milk alternatively. Add the flour in three parts and the milk in two parts, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Once it’s all mixed together, pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake for 50-55 min or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Let cool for 20 min before removing from the pan.
- Once completely cool, make your ganache. Heat the milk up until it just starts to get bubbles around the edges. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate chips.
- Let it sit just until the chocolate chips start to get melty, then whisk until the ganache is smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the cooled cake. We recommend that you collect the runoff and pour it on the cake again so that you get more ganache and your cake is completely covered. You can keep doing this until you run out of ganache. Once the ganache is set, drizzle it wth melted white chocolate and sprinkle with white chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
Questions or suggestions? Let us know in the comments below, on instagram (@unchartedbakers), via email (email@example.com). We hope you have a great week, safe travels, and may you always have a cookie in your cookie jar!